The Missouri Women's Political Caucus
- Gets women elected and appointed to public office.
- Screens, endorses and gives financial support to state and local candidates.
- Trains potential candidates and campaign volunteers.
- Recruits volunteers to go door-to-door, do mailings, phoning for individual candidates.
- Holds educational forums on WPC legislative issues.
- Provides educational programs on getting involved in the political process.
- Lobbies cooperatively with organizations in Jefferson City and Topeka.
The MOWPC is a proud member of the National Women's Political Caucus, working nationwide each day to improve the lives of all women by increasing our representation in elected and appointed offices.
The National Women's Political Caucus is a multi-partisan, multicultural grassroots organization dedicated to increasing women's participation in the political field and creating a political power base designed to achieve equality for all women.
Founded in 1971, the National Women's Political Caucus prides itself in increasing the number of pro-choice women elected and appointed to office every year. Through recruiting, training and financial donations, the NWPC gives support to women candidates running for all levels of office regardless of political affiliation.
In addition, NWPC's state and local chapters reach out to women in communities across the country to better assist their dreams of being elected to office. The National Women's Political Caucus strives to break the glass ceiling, which restricts a woman's ability to climb the political ladder, one crack at a time.